Dr. Bao is an Associate Professor in Chemical and Biological Engineering. She has been working on designing novel multifunctional nanoparticles for biomedical applications, such as targeted drug delivery, bio‐imaging, and drug discovery.
- Identification of TrkB binders from complex matrices using a magnetic drug screening nanoplatform. Z.C. Arituluk, J. Horne, B. Adhikari, J. Steltzner, S. Mansur, P. Ahirwar, S.E. Velu, N.E. Gray, L.M. Ciesla, Y. Bao. ACS Applied Bio Materials 4: 6244-6255, 2021.
- Sodium ion channels as potential therapeutic targets for cancer metastasis. J. Horne, S. Mansur, Y. Bao. Drug Discovery Today, 26: 1136-1147, 2021.
- Synthesis and characterization of iron oxide superparticles with various polymers. S. Mansur, A. Rai, R.A. Holler, T. Mewes, Y. Bao. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 515: 167265, 2020.
- Cell-membrane coated iron oxide nanoparticles for isolation and specific identification of drug leads from complex matrices. J. Sherwood, J. Sowell, N. Beyer, J. Irvin, C. Stephen, A.J. Antone, Y. Bao, L.M. Ciesla. Nanoscale 11: 6352-6359, 2019.
- T1-enhanced MRI-visible Nanoclusters for Imaging-guided Drug Delivery. J. Sherwood, M. Rich, K. Lovas, J. Warram, M.S. Bolding, Y. Bao. Nanoscale 9: 11785 – 11792, 2017.
The current research projects in the Bao-lab include a) development of nanocarriers for imaging guided drug delivery to direct stem cell differentiation, or to treat cancer metastasis, b )development of drug screening assays to identify lead molecules for treatment of neurological disorders and cancer metastasis.