- Kumar named Associate Editor of The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, November 02, 2022
- Dr. Chao Zhao, core member of CCBM receives NIH funding to develop new pain treatment strategies. Hearty congratulations.
- Abstract from the Kumar lab titled, Oral nano-curcumin alone or in combination with insulin alleviates diabetic neuropathy in rats, is selected to receive 2022 AAPS Best Abstract Awards. Our work was ranked in the top 10% of abstracts by the AAPS Abstract Screening Committee. Dr. Dwivedi will present this work at the upcoming AAPS meeting in Boston, October 16-19, 2022.
- CCBM Director, Kumar elected a Foreign Corresponding Member of The French National Academy of Pharmacy.
- CCBM collaborators (Kumar & Ganugula) along with Steve (BCM), Gladys and Erin (TAMU) developed a new line of research on dexamethasone alternatives in the form of Paclitaxel (PTX) and Urolithin A (UA) for neurovascular eye problems, just accepted for publication in ACS Chemical Neuroscience. The article is selected to feature as a front cover for a future issue.
- CCBM Director, Kumar elected a Fellow, Controlled Release Society (CRS). Elevation to ‘fellow’ recognizes an exceptional individual in the field of controlled release who has made outstanding and sustained contributions to the field of delivery science and technology over a minimum of 10 years.
- The Kumar lab, contributed a mini-review on Urolithin A nanoparticle therapy for cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury, just accepted for publication in Nephron.
- The Kumar lab, in collaboration with Drs. Agarwal and Sheik-Hamad, contributed a mini-review titled "An overview of nano-encapsulation strategies to circumventing drug-induced kidney injury and targeted nanomedicines to treat kidney diseases" is just accepted in Current Opinion in Toxicology. It was fun working with two talented undergraduates Garret and Anjali on this review.
- CCBM Director, Kumar has been selected to receive McCormick Science Institute Research Award, The American Society for Nutrition (ASN) and its Foundation. This award is presented to an investigator conducting clinical, translational, in vitro, and/or ex vivo research, whose scientific contributions have advanced the understanding of the potential health benefits of culinary herbs and spices. This award is endowed by the McCormick Science Institute.
- CCBM Director, Kumar has been selected to receive Batsheva de Rothschild Fellow Award, granted annually by the Batsheva de Rothschild Fund at the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities (Israel). The Batsheva Fellows Program facilitates visits of several days of world-renowned scientists from abroad, to hold meetings with young Israeli scientists in Israeli academic institutions, to enhance and broaden their horizons. (Host Professor Dan Peer, Tel Aviv University).
- CCBM Director, Kumar has been selected to receive Humboldt Research Award, granted annually by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (Germany) to no more than 100 internationally leading researchers of all disciplines outside of Germany in recognition of their academic record. Award winners are invited to carry out research projects of their own choice in cooperation with specialist colleagues in Germany.
- CCBM open house on October 27, 2021, WUVA New on October 27, 2021.
- The Board of Trustees of The University of Alabama System granted (September 16-17, 2021) approval for establishing “Center for Convergent Bioscience and Medicine (CCBM)”, Kumar serves as the Founding Director of CCBM. Aired on the WBRC Fox 6 News on October 14, 2021 @ 6PM.